Extech PH Meters
pH Meters measure the acidity or alkalinity of liquids. Most of them have a special probe connected that measures the pH and a screen that displays the information. The probe is usually made of glass. These meters range from simple devices to complex systems.
ORP Meters, Oxidation-reduction potential, measures the degree to which a substance is capable of oxidizing or reducing another substance. ORP is measured in millivolts (mV). A positive ORP reading indicates that a substance is an oxidizing agent. A negative ORP reading indicates that a substance is a reducing agent.
pH Meter Applications
Key Features of pH Meters to Consider
- Fish farming
- Cooling towers
- Drinking water
- Food and Beverage
- Chemical industry
- Water treatment
- RENEW feature that tells you when it’s time to replace your pH electrode
- CAL feature that tells you when it’s time to recalibrate your meter
- Flat Surface pH electrode that is completely waterproof and rugged enough to withstand harsh environments
- Memory stores 15 readings
- “On-the-Spot” measurements
This video demonstrates the waterproof Extech pH meters and discusses solutions to the top problems users have when using traditional pH meters: 1) clogged junctions, broken bulbs, and limited applications 2) the shelf life of electrodes 3) calibration and 4) recording data.