Rohde & Schwarz HMP4030 Programmable Power Supply
The R&S®HMP Series Power Supply
Ideal for use in industrial production environments and in development labs. Depending on the model, the total operating performance is 188 W or 384 W, offering 80 W or 160 W per channel.
Low residual ripple due to linear post-regulators and high setting/read-back resolution make it the right choice for any sophisticated application. Remote sensing eliminates voltage drops on the load leads in order to compensate long leads to the DUT. Comfortable programming features and 19” rackmount kits ensure perfect integration in production environments.
2, 3 or 4 Channels
The four power supply units R&S®HMP2020, R&S®HMP2030, R&S®HMP4030 and R&S®HMP4040 offer you the choice between 2, 3 and 4 channels with a total operating performance of 188 or 384 watt. Depending on the model, you have up to 80 or 160 watt available per channel.
In addition to the 80 watt channel the R&S®HMP2020 model also offers you a 160 watt channel. In the R&S®HMP series, the measured output voltage and current as well as the resulting output power are displayed in real time.
|Output voltage per channel
||0 V to 32 V
|Output current per channel
||0 A to 10 A
||0 A to 5 A
||1 x 0 A to 10 A
1 x 0 A to 5 A
|Maximum output power per channel
||1 x 160 W
1 x 80 W
|Total output power
Easy to operate. Easy to explain.
Aside from electricity our power supply units in the R&S®HMP series provide many useful functions for practical use. For example, the output power is displayed in real time and a safety shutdown is available for any combination of channels.
- 2, 3 and 4 channels - Depending on the application and your needs you can select our power supply units with 2, 3, or 4 channels.
- Parallel operation mode - In the parallel operation mode you can bundle the channels to achieve higher currents. The integrated power management function also ensures an intelligent power distribution over each channel in this operation mode.
- Serial operation mode - In the serial operation mode you can combine the channels for a maximum of up to 120 volt. The V/I tracking function of the instrument is also available in this operation mode.
- EasyArb - EasyArb is the time/current flow or time/voltage curve that is freely programmable by channel. Our instruments allow you to program the process either via remote software or directly on the instrument. Several different EasyArb curves can run at the same time - independently programmable.
- FuseLink - Overcurrent or voltage surge protection can be set for each channel individually. In addition instruments of the R&S®HMP series also allow any combination of the overcurrent protection with other channels. For instance, a channel with a connected fan can continue to run while all other channels have been switched off.
Industrial production environment
Power supply units in industrial production environments are often found in 19” racks. The R&S®HMP series instruments are very suitable for this use as all models can be integrated into 19” racks with the rack mounting kits R&S®HZ42 (for R&S®HMP20x0 instruments) and R&S®HZP91 (for R&S®HMP40x0 instruments). Additionally, all front panel connectors, including SENSE lines, are also located at the back panel of the instrument. And last but not least, the existing USB and serial connector card (R&S®HO720) in all R&S®HMP models can alternatively be replaced by an Ethernet/USB (R&S®HO732) or GPIB card (R&S®HO740) for remote control capability purposes.
Industrial production environment
All front panel connectors, including sense lines, are also located on the rear panel of the instrument.
The measured output voltage and current as well as the resulting output power are displayed in real time.