The LanScaperPRO™ Cabling and Network Tester combines the functions of a high-end cable tester and length measurement device with the capability to identify, monitor, and correct LAN issues associated with physical layer and link conditions in the network.
In network mode testing, the easy-to-use LanScaperPRO enables quick identification at unknown RJ45 jacks for active Ethernet, POTS, token ring, or other devices as well as for presence of devices using power over Ethernet (PoE) at the other end of the jack or cable being tested. LanScaperPRO pings network devices to verify connections and IP addresses, automatically accessing DHCP hosts to obtain network information and can quickly identify hubs, NICs, or auto MDI/MDI-X devices. It also conducts link tests to identify speed and capabilities of network drops.
For cable testing, the LanScaperPRO provides full cabling testing, displaying wire map, ID, and any faults, including shorts, opens, miswires, split pairs, and reverses.
The full-featured LanScaperPROmeasures cable length and generates tone levels for signal tracing and cable identification on all pairs, a selected pair, or a selected pin.
Perform network testing functions including port discovery, PoE test, ping, hub flash, CDP and high-end cable testing including length measurement. Monitor and correct network problems associated with the physical layer and link conditions of the network.
- Network testing for port discovery, ping test, and hub flash
- Test PoE to ensure adequate power for powered devices such as VoIP phones
- Identify speed up to 1 Gbps, duplex mode, wiring mode, and polarity of transmit pair on active Ethernet devices
- Conduct single ended and remote cable tests with display of PASS, wiremap, ID, and faults for network cable
- Measure cable length
- Tone and trace cables
- Wiremap network connections with remote identifiers