PHENIX Technologies HC Series Circuit Breaker Test Sets represent a new era of economical and portable primary injection testing through the following industry leading innovations:
- Versatility of either manual control through the User Interface Panel or remote control interface through WinHC PC software both allowing numerous automated test modes.
- Increase your test reliability and productivity. WinHC PC software provides advanced database and report capabilities for test duplication and recall, report generation and current wave shape display.
- Designs based on time-proven concepts of the power offered by a 32-bit embedded computer.
- High reliability SCR’s have been combined with a phase angle firing system to deliver precise, repeatable current pulses with minimal distortion.
- Wide ranging test versatility and exceptional accuracy through automated hardware combined with a highly intelligent monitor/controller.
- Continuously variable output over entire test range utilizing a motorized vernier and programmable tap selector allowing for both auto-jog and current-hold capabilities.
- Normal – In this mode the operator manually controls the operation of the test set.
- Memory – This mode is used for testing the sensitivity pickup of electronic controllers. (When the Stop button is pressed the current level is remembered).
- Jog-to-Trip – In this mode the test set jogs the output on at "Jog On Cycles" and off for "Jog Off Secs" until the circuit breaker under test trips.
- Jog-To-Hold – In this mode the test set jogs the output on at "Jog On Cycles" and off for "Jog Off Secs" and raises the output until the "Hold Amps" is reached.
- Current Hold – In this mode the output is held within 1% of the "Hold Amps."
- These test sets are universal in application. They will test virtually any low voltage, molded case, or metal clad direct acting AC circuit breaker by simulating overload and fault conditions.
- Other applications include testing current transformers and thermal or magnetic motor overload relays.
- Maximum testing capability up to 7,500 amp breakers.
- Configured in a series, they can be used for substation maintenance for primary injection testing on high voltage circuit breakers and protective relays.
User Interface Panel Display.
User Interface Panel provides full manual testing capabilities without the need for computer software. Results can be easily printed using the printer port.