The Megger MIT481 insulation and continuity tester is designed for electrical testing by power utilities, industrials, telecommunication companies, commercial/domestic electricians and anyone with unique test voltage requirements. This wide range of features also makes the MIT481 ideal for maintenance technicians and engineers.
MIT400 model range
The range consists of eight instruments:
MIT400 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V
MIT410 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V plus PI and DAR
MIT420 Same as Model 410 plus result storage for on-screen review
MIT430 Same as Model 420 plus Bluetooth® download
MIT480 50 V, 100 V
MIT481 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V plus PI, DAR and result storage
MIT485 Same as Model 481, plus Bluetooth® download
MIT40X 10 V to 100 V in 1 V steps
Designed to cope with the additional requirements of the telecommunications industry, the MIT481 includes 50 V and 100 V range insulation testing as standard, plus higher voltages as required.
In addition, the voltage detection test inhibit feature has been raised to 75 V (from 50 V), to allow testing of cables with coactivity coupled induced voltages, which would normally inhibit such testing with a 50 V protected instrument.
Finally the MIT481 includes measurement of cable distance by capacitance, providing a convenient cable length without the need to use TDR technology, with adjustable cable capacitance from 40 nF/Km to 60 nF/Km (default is 50 nF/Km).
Other model applications
Megger Testers are used to test electrical wiring and other components in buildings, manufacturing facilities, government entities and other general business operations.
Applications for these instruments include insulation testing, ground testing, low resistance testing, battery testing, hi-pot testing and more. With the broadest, most diverse choice of instruments in the industry, we are truly your single source for electrical testing needs.
Industrial and Power Electrical Installation MIT Models:400 420 and 430
Service, Repair and Maintenance 420 and 430
Telecommunication Testing MIT Models: 480 and 485
Special Applications Testing MIT Model: 40X
Features and benefits:
- CAT IV 600 V rating – provides greater safety when testing at higher voltage levels
- Adjustable insulation test voltages – provides 250 V to 1000 V or 50 V to 1000 V. The special applications instrument (Model MIT40X) offers test voltages from 10 V to 100 V in 1 V steps.
- Dual digital display readout – allows display of complimentary test information simultaneously (for example: M½ plus test voltage or MΩ plus leakage current)
- Digital and analog arc display – includes not only the digital readout but also Megger’s patented analog arc to replicate the response of a moving coil display
- Exceptional measurement range from 20 GΩ to 200 G½ - highest insulation test range available on the market, providing a superior range of measurement applications.
- Choice of 20 mA or 200 mA continuity testing – allows user to select lower continuity range thus increasing battery life considerably
- Continuity auto-test capability – enables real twohanded operation without the need to press the test button
- Adjustable continuity limit alarm – allows pass/fail limits to be sent to speed testing
- Automatically perform PI and DAR tests – user is able to quickly perform two important diagnostic tests. . . Polarization Index (PI) and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR)
- True RMS voltage measurement – allows accurate voltage measurement on noisy lines
- Auto ranging voltage measurement – automatically adjusts range from millivolts to 600 V AC or DC,
- eliminating the need to keep changing ranging
- Live circuit warning – automatically warns of contact to a live circuit, voltage is displayed and testing is inhibited
- Auto fuse warning – warns of fuse failure automatically.
- No need to test the fuse manually.
- Buzzer select button – enable or disable buzzer as required with resistance also displayed on the screen
Baker’s Dozen Reasons to Buy the MIT400 Series -
13 "sweet" reasons why the MIT’s are far superior to those other brands:
- Patented analog/digital display with real-time pointer movement.
- IP54 ingress protection rating.
- Highest resistance range (up to 200 GO) on the market for a hand-held unit.
- Dual digital display that shows test voltage (or other complementary information) as well as the measurement result.
- Selectable 200 or 20 mA continuity test.
- DAR, PI and timed test capability.
- TRMS voltage measurement.
- Selectable buzzer thresholds/limit alarms.
- Unique silicon test leads to improve measurement accuracy.
- Automatic fuse check/warning.
- 3-year warranty.
- CAT IV 600 V for all test modes.
- Backlight display.
MIT481 case contents:
- MIT481 instrument
- High-impact polypropylene carry case
- SP5 remote switched probe
- Red/black test lead set with clips
- 5 AA (LR6) batteries fitted
- Three year product warranty
- Free calibration certificate