The Megger MIT420 insulation and continuity tester is designed for electrical testing by power utilities, industrials, telecommunication companies, commercial/domestic electricians and anyone with unique test voltage requirements. The features of the MIT420 also make it ideal for maintenance technicians and engineers.
MIT400 model range
The range consists of eight instruments:
MIT400 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V
MIT410 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V plus PI and DAR
MIT420 Same as Model 410 plus result storage for on-screen review
MIT430 Same as Model 420 plus Bluetooth® download
MIT480 50 V, 100 V
MIT481 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V plus PI, DAR and result storage
MIT485 Same as Model 481, plus Bluetooth® download
MIT40X 10 V to 100 V in 1 V steps
Building/Campus electrical maintenance
These models include all the features required for electricians, technicians and engineers working in a range of industries. Available features are selected to make testing easy and fast in a range of situations.
Large and small scale electrical installations
Periodic electrical systems inspection and testing
Other model applications
Industrial and Power Electrical Installation MIT Models:400 410 and 430
Megger Testers are used to test electrical wiring and other components in buildings, manufacturing facilities, government entities and other general business operations.
Applications for these instruments include insulation testing, ground testing, low resistance testing, battery testing, hi-pot testing and more. With the broadest, most diverse choice of instruments in the industry, we are truly your single source for electrical testing needs.
Service, Repair and Maintenance 410 and 430
Telecommunication Testing MIT Models: 480, 481 and 485
Special Applications Testing MIT Model: 40X
For Service, Repair and Maintenance:
The wide range of features makes the MIT420 ideal for maintenance technicians and engineers. Functions such as PI and DAR, capacitance measurement and a higher insulation range increase the suitability for applications such as:
Plant maintenance and production testing
Railway and other transportation maintenance and testing
Cable inspection/quality control
Street lighting maintenance
Avionics ground testing and maintenance
Military hardware and facility maintenance
Features and benefits:
- CAT IV 600 V rating – provides greater safety when testing at higher voltage levels
- Adjustable insulation test voltages – provides 250 V to 1000 V or 50 V to 1000 V. The special applications instrument (Model MIT40X) offers test voltages from 10 V to 100 V in 1 V steps.
- Dual digital display readout – allows display of complimentary test information simultaneously (for example: M½ plus test voltage or MΩ plus leakage current)
- Digital and analog arc display – includes not only the digital readout but also Megger’s patented analog arc to replicate the response of a moving coil display
- Exceptional measurement range from 20 GΩ to 200 G½ - highest insulation test range available on the market, providing a superior range of measurement applications.
- Choice of 20 mA or 200 mA continuity testing – allows user to select lower continuity range thus increasing battery life considerably
- Continuity auto-test capability – enables real twohanded operation without the need to press the test button
- Adjustable continuity limit alarm – allows pass/fail limits to be sent to speed testing
- Automatically perform PI and DAR tests – user is able to quickly perform two important diagnostic tests. . . Polarization Index (PI) and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR)
- True RMS voltage measurement – allows accurate voltage measurement on noisy lines
- Auto ranging voltage measurement – automatically adjusts range from millivolts to 600 V AC or DC,
- eliminating the need to keep changing ranging
- Live circuit warning – automatically warns of contact to a live circuit, voltage is displayed and testing is inhibited
- Auto fuse warning – warns of fuse failure automatically.
- No need to test the fuse manually.
- Buzzer select button – enable or disable buzzer as required with resistance also displayed on the screen
Baker’s Dozen Reasons to Buy the MIT400 Series -
13 "sweet" reasons why the MIT’s are far superior to those other brands:
- Patented analog/digital display with real-time pointer movement.
- CAT IV 600 V for all test modes.
- Highest resistance range (up to 200 GO) on the market for a hand-held unit.
- Dual digital display that shows test voltage (or other complementary information) as well as the measurement result.
- Selectable 200 or 20 mA continuity test.
- IP54 ingress protection rating.
- DAR, PI and timed test capability.
- TRMS voltage measurement.
- Selectable buzzer thresholds/limit alarms.
- Unique silicon test leads to improve measurement accuracy.
- Automatic fuse check/warning.
- 3-year warranty.
- Backlight display.