The CertiFiber Pro Optical Loss Test Set improves the efficiency of fiber optics certification.
- CertiFiber Pro’s double ended fiber optic inspection capability allows you to inspect and certify fiber optic connector end-faces at both ends of your fiber link in less than a second so you can get your job done the first time.
- This double ended fiber optic inspection capability provides automated PASS/FAIL certification, takes the guess work out of fiber inspection so anyone can be a fiber expert.
CertiFiber® Pro Optical Loss Test Set
Installing a high performance fiber optic cabling system starts with systems design and ends with systems acceptance. Certifying cabling to industry performance standards is a core element of the process. The faster it goes, the more profitable you’ll be. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things that slow the process down - setting the tester up incorrectly, testing to the wrong limits, waiting for lead technicians to analyze or troubleshoot failures, misinterpretation of results, and test reports that customers can't understand.
The CertiFiber Pro Optical Loss Test Set (OLTS) helps cabling professionals accomplish more than ever. It's all about accurate, error-free certification, making jobs easier to manage and certifying fiber optic cabling to industry standards, faster. CertiFiber Pro OLTS complies with all applicable cabling standards, which call out the new Encircled Flux launch condition requirements for optical sources. It's not just for the expert technicians and Project Managers. Individuals of various skill levels can improve the set-up, operation, test reporting, and simultaneously manage diverse projects.
CertiFiber Pro Add on Kit – includes (2) CertiFiber Pro Quad OLTS Modules, SC/LC EF-compliant MM TRC Kit 50 µm, SC/LC SM TRC Kit, TRC Carrying Case, (2) LC/LC Simplex Adaptors, Large Carry Case, Versiv Open Source Software CD, Statement of Calibration and Getting Started Guide.
Get Ready to Overachieve
- Versiv enables users to accomplish more than ever with a cable tester, accelerating every step of the testing process
- ProjX management system eases tasks from initial set-up of a job to system acceptance. It eliminates redundant steps, and ensures that all tests are completed correctly the first time, and every time
- Taptive user interface puts advanced data analysis and easy set-up and operation at the fingertips of technicians of all skill levels
- LinkWare management software provides unmatched analysis of test results and professional test reports
- Three-second Autotest optical loss measurement of two fibers at two wavelengths with distance measurement and optical loss budget calculation
- Provides automatic Pass/Fail analysis to industry standards or custom test limits
- Identifies incorrect test procedures resulting in negative loss readings
- Onboard (USB) inspection camera documents images of fiber optic end-faces
- Interchangeable power meter adapters available for all typical connector types (SC, ST, LC and FC) to enable the most accurate 1-jumper reference method
- Built-in visual fault locator for basic troubleshooting and polarity determination
- Dual wavelength measurement capability on a single fiber allows the tester to be used in applications that require only one fiber link
- Compliant with TIA-526-14-B and IEC 61280-4-1 Encircled Flux requirements with no additional equipment or procedures
- Allows combined OLTS Tier 1 (basic), OTDR Tier 2 (extended) certification, end-face inspection and reporting when paired with OptiFiber™ Pro OTDR
- Set reference wizard verifies test reference cords (TRCs) per ISO/IEC 14763-3 and eliminates negative loss errors
- Encircled Flux compliant optical launch conditions required by ANSI/TIA and ISO/IEC standards for testing multimode fiber
Detailed View of Fiber Loss Results
View the results of each fiber tested at the same time and the Pass/Fail status on the test results screen. Easily identify the fiber type, test limits, loss and which fiber correlates to each result. All good results are highlighted with a green icon, any faulty events are highlighted with red icons and fibers are identified as output or input to facilitate quick identification and corrective action. The Taptive user interface also makes the results screen a powerful tool with a detailed window which can be touched to drill down and see detailed results.
The screen below shows margin and limit values in the window. Simply tap the screen to drill into specific results as shown in second image.
Complete data is displayed with a test result. The dotted line shows what's included in the measurement. Detail windows show the results for each fiber tested. Detail shows margin and allowable limits for the fiber at two wavelengths.
Create, Manage and Select Projects
As part of the Versiv family, the CertiFiber Pro OLTS incorporates ProjX to ease job set-up, minimize test limit errors and better manage multiple projects. Project managers and technicians can create new projects for different jobs, locations or customers and or easily define project requirements for each job ahead of time – including all tests parameters and cable IDs – then keep track of job progress. All project detail information is stored in LinkWare for easy transfer to other Versiv cabling certification testers.
ProjX management system allows project specifications to be loaded and saved into the tester ahead of time. As the tester moves from job to job, the project list is easily accessible and users can quickly see detail data such as percentage of links tested, percentage to completion and percentage of results exported.
Set-up or view test limits, fiber types, and testing attributes in the field or the office. View multiple projects in the office or the field. Touch a project icon to see project specific detail.
Dynamic Project and User Profile Management
CertiFiber Pro increases efficiency by allowing field technicians access to project based settings entered at the time of set-up. This minimizes setup errors or lost files when switching from one job to another or utilizing multiple testers on a single job more. Setting limits and establishing cable ID sets is easy with the Taptive user interface. And once the technicians start testing, the progress of each project is easily monitored. ProjX™ Management System specific benefits are: Real time status to completion on each job 0-100%, giving the operator the “Fix Later” option to isolate any test requiring a second look and helps to assure nothing is overlooked. The Fix later selection creates a punch list or automatic to do list for correcting any workmanship.
Selecting Reference Method
Managing the testing of multiple jobs with multiple teams, testers, and requirements is time consuming and can be hard to manage. Increasingly larger jobs make project organization more important than ever. The new ProjX management system on the CertiFiber Pro assigns a name for all job specifics. This eliminates the need to ever have to re-enter test limits or other job details after starting a project or returning to it after a different job. This minimizes set-up errors or lost files when switching from one job to another or utilizing multiple testers on a single job, enabling project managers and crew leaders to be more efficient.
The key to good test results is tester set-up. The CertiFiber Pro refers to the settings already chosen for the project and guides the technician through setting a reference – taking the guesswork out of getting ready to test in the field.
Setting a reference no longer has to be a challenge. The CertiFiber Pro OLTS has set a reference wizard function to guide the technician through setting a reference and checking test reference cords. The animated set-up helps reduce optical loss testing set-up errors that often result in confusing negative loss readings.
LinkWare Management Software
With LinkWare Management software, CertiFiber Pro users can easily access the ProjX management system data, generate reports and upgrade the software in their testers. Project managers have full capabilities to monitor workflow and consolidate test results.
LinkWare stats, provides automated statistical reports. This application moves you above and beyond the page-per-link report to see your entire cabling infrastructure in one summary. It analyzes and transforms LinkWare test results into charts to reveal your cabling plant performance. The report even summarizes your entire cabling infrastructure in a compact, graphical format so it's easy to verify margins and spot anomalies. Previous versions of LinkWare are backwards compatible with new versions, so you can stay current and integrate tests from different testers into one-test report.
Combine OLTS Tier 1 (basic) and OTDR Tier 2 (extended) fiber certification results in a single report while allowing management of multiple jobs simultaneously. Users can provide the finishing touch by adding their company logo to the report and before offering to their customers for system acceptance. Keep your business tools simple. No matter which Fluke Networks cabling certification tester you use, LinkWare reports it all.