6472 Multi-Function Ground Resistance Testers
The Digital Ground Resistance Tester Model 6472 is a portable measurement instrument designed to measure Bond Resistance, Ground Resistance (with and without clamps), Soil Resistivity, Earth Coupling, Step & Touch Potential.
When used in combination with the GroundFlex Adapter Model 6474 (factory supplied product only), Power Transmission Tower and Tower Leg Ground Resistance testing is also available.
The Model 6472 measures from 0.01 to 99.99kΩ and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range, test frequency and test current. The adjustable test frequency (either manual or automatic) from 40 to 5078Hz test voltage provides rejection of high levels of interference, allowing it to be used under difficult conditions such as the presence of high stray currents that normally affect accuracy.
Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or downloaded to a PC using DataView software (included) for Automatic Report Generation, Automatic Fall-of-Potential Plot Generation, Frequency/Resistance Plots and much more.
- 3-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. 3-Point measurements are used when electrode or grid can be easily disconnected.
- 4-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation.
- Touch and step potential testing measurements. These tests are recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the “footprint” of grounded equipment (the outline of the part of equipment in contact with earth) is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.
- 2- or 4-Wire tests for continuity tests on bonding or on grounding systems. Test is a DC resistive test using 250mA or more and is used to check bonding of all connection points on the ground system.
- Earth coupling measurement and display. Used to estimate the influence of two earth resistance systems that are not connected to each other.
DataView Graphing & Analysis Software
DataView software provides a convenient way to configure and control ground resistance tests from your computer. Through the use of clear and easy-to-use tabbed dialog boxes, all of Model 6472 functions can be configured and tests can be initiated.
Results can be displayed in real time and stored in your PC. Reports may be printed along with the operator’s comments and analysis.
Configure all functions of the Model 6472
- Run tests and analyze real-time data from your PC
- Configure all test functions and parameters from your PC
- Customize views, templates and reports to your exact needs
- Create and store a complete library of configurations that can be used with the Model 6472 as needed
- Display Fall-of-Potential plots, tabular listings of test results, resistance vs. frequency plots, soil resistivity and bonding tests
- Print reports using standard or custom templates you design
- Free updates are available through our website www.aemc.com
DataView Functional Displays