Ground Resistance Tester Model 6470-B Kit-500ft (Model 6470-B & Cat. #2135.37) Model 6470-B Kit-500ft
The Digital Ground Resistance Tester Model 6470-B is a portable measurement instrument designed to measure Ground Resistance, Soil Resistivity (two methods – Wenner and Schlumberger), Bonding Resistance (DC Resistance 2-Wire and 4-Wire Kelvin sensing) and Earth Coupling resistance. This direct reading tester measures from 0.01 to 99.99kΩ and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range and test current.
Easy-to-use – simply connect the leads, select the test mode, press Start and read the results. Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or downloaded to a PC via DataView® software.
The large LCD is easy-to-read and indicates ground electrode resistance, test voltage, current and frequency as well as individual electrode resistance, battery status and more.
The Model 6470-B is Cat IV rated to 50V and is over voltage protected to more than 250VAC against accidental connection to live circuits. The voltage is also displayed on screen. In the event of a system fault, the Model 6470-B can withstand 250VAC.
Additional features of the Model 6470-B include a heavy-duty field case sealed against dust and water when closed (the test button is also sealed against the elements); manual and automatic test frequency selection from 40 to 513Hz; user selectable 3-Pole (3-Point) Fall of Potential or 4-Pole (4-Point) Soil Resistivity test methods and user selectable 2-Wire or 4-Wire Bond Resistance test method.
The Model 6470-B is powered by 9.6V, 3.5 Ah NiMH rechargeable batteries. An external recharger powered from 120/230V 50/60Hz is included and provides for testing while recharging. The Model 6470-B can also be vehicle powered from an optional 12V battery adapter.
The Ground Resistance Tester Model 6470-B is rugged, easy-to-use and ideal for maintenance crews performing numerous tests. It exceeds mechanical and safety specifications for shock, vibration and drop tests per IEC standards. The adjustable test frequency provides for rejection of high levels of interference, allowing it to be used under difficult conditions such as high stray currents that normally affect accuracy.
- 3-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. 3-Point measurements are generally used when the electrode or grid can be easily disconnected.
- 4-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation.
- Touch and step potential testing measurements. These tests are recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the “footprint” of grounded equipment (the outline of the part of equipment in contact with the earth) is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.
- 2- or 4-Wire tests for continuity tests on bonding or on grounding systems. This test is a DC resistive test using 250mA or more and is used to check bonding of all connection points on the ground system.
- Earth coupling measurement and display. Used to estimate the influence of two earth resistance systems that are not connected to each other.
DataView Graphing & Analysis Software
DataView software provides a convenient way to configure and control ground resistance tests from your computer. Through the use of clear and easy-to-use tabbed dialog boxes, all of Model 6470-B functions can be configured and tests can be initiated.
Results can be displayed in real time and stored in your PC. Reports may be printed along with the operator’s comments and analysis.
Configure all functions of the Model 6470-B
- Run tests and analyze real-time data from your PC
- Configure all test functions and parameters from your PC
- Customize views, templates and reports to your exact needs
- Create and store a complete library of configurations that can be used with the Model 6470-B as needed
- Display Fall-of-Potential plots, tabular listings of test results, resistance vs. frequency plots, soil resistivity and bonding tests
- Print reports using standard or custom templates you design
- Free updates are available through our website www.aemc.com
DataView Functional Displays
||4-Point Fall-of-Potential test setup screen — operator can select test voltage, manually select the test frequency or have the instrument automatically select the best test frequency. Distance for Y electrode can also be entered manually and a Fall-of-Potential plot generated. Lead Compensation is automatically provided in this test mode.
||Bond test setup screen — operator can choose two or four wire test method.
||3-Point Fall-of-Potential test setup screen — operator can select test voltage, manually select the test frequency or have the instrument automatically select the best test frequency. Distance for Y electrode can also be entered manually and a Fall-of-Potential plot generated.
||Soil resistivity test setup screen — operator can select either the Wenner or Schlumberger test method, select test voltage and frequency and program the spacing between electrodes in either feet or meters.